Attendance registration module
Within the Picasse system for urgent communication, presence registration can be used. This is an additional module that can be turned on if desired. Contact your picasse contact person for more information about this functionality.
The Picasse attendance registration works by.m geofencing. This is a feature in the operating system of Android and iOS smartphones where the phone can determine its location by.m means of a combination of Wi-Fi, GSM and GPS.
When you use attendance registration, you can set up a geofence in the Picasse management tool (Picasse.io) (see example at the end of this document) for one or more locations. These locations are then passed on to the Picasse app on the smartphone of the first responders and the app will then pass on each “entrance” and “exit” to the central system, making you present/absent. This system has been deliberately chosen for battery consumption.m because a battery consumption such as e.g. Flitsmeister is not desirable and workable. The battery consumption of the Picasse app is 1 to 2% relative and therefore hardly noticeable as a user.
Benefits of attendance registration
- Real-time showing of the presence of the participants (emergency responders) at the selected location(s).
- Alarming and communicating with only the persons present at the selected locations.
- Receiving a warning if the occupancy rate is below and above the minimum set value (additional option).
In the near future, this will be extended to include:
- Get statistical data such as the average, maximum, and minimum number of people present for a selected time slot and location(s).
Attendance registration supplies
- Participants are equipped with an iOS or Android smartphone (at least iPhone 5 and Android version 5.0) with a mobile data subscription and a Wi-Fi connection (only a data subscription works but that is not desirable due to.m. redundancy).
- The device must be up to date (last possible updates have been made and tracked, from both OS and the Picasse app).
- Location control on the phone must always be on (and remain on).
- Your phone may send a notification from time to time that the Picasse app has used location feature in the background and asks if it can continue to do so. Give permission for this and indicate that location provision may ALWAYS be used.
- Battery pairing mode must be switched off (at least for the Picasse app).
- The Picasse app should always continue to run in the background. NEVER use force quit for this app.
- Do not turn the phone on or OFF at a corresponding location. This will no longer allow the phone to report when it enters or leaves a geofencing area.